Reduction of Points, N.J.S.A. 39:5-30.9
The reduction of points takes place as follows:
- Reduction Rate: 3 points for each 12 consecutive months in which the licensee has not committed any violation either resulting in the assessment of points or suspension of driving privileges.
- Driving School: Attend and satisfactorily complete
- License Improvement Course (every two years): 3 points
- Defensive Driving Course (every five years): 2 points
- No point totals shall be reduced below zero.
- Computation of the time periods used in granting point reduction credits shall in all cases be based upon the respective dates of commission of the offenses for which the licensee was convicted and assessed points.
Did the cops charge you with Drunk Driving?
New Jersey DWI Defense Lawyer Michael A. Smolensky, Esquire, knows how to protect his clients. Mr. Smolensky can provide confidential consultations in all cases involving Driving While Intoxicated, N.J.S.A. 39:4-50.
1 N.J.A.C. 13:19-10.1.
2 N.J.A.C. 13:19-10.2, N.J.A.C. 13:19-13.1.
3 N.J.A.C. 13:19-10.5.