Marijuana Distribution, N.J.S.A. 2c:35-5
New Jersey law prohibits controlled dangerous substance (CDS) distribution. It is defined as any person who knowingly or purposely distributes CDS or CDS analog, or distributes counterfeit CDS. The degree of crime and penalties for marijuana distribution, based on N.J.S.A. 2C:35-5, depend on the amount of vegetation, including any adulterants or dilutants.
- Restraining Order
- Drug Court for qualified applicants
- Victims of Crime Compensation Assessment (VCCA): $50
- Law Enforcement Officer Training & Equipment Fund: $30
- Safe Neighborhood Services Fund Assessment: $75
- Drug Abuse Education Fund: $50
- Lab Fee: $50
- Driver’s License Suspension: Up to two years
- Court Costs
* D.E.D.R. stands for Drug Enforcement Demand Reduction
Did the cops charge you with Marijuana Distribution?
New Jersey Criminal Lawyer Michael A. Smolensky, Esquire, knows how to protect his clients. Mr. Smolensky can provide confidential consultations in all cases involving Marijuana Distribution under N.J.S.A. 2c:35-5.